Decorative concrete is using concrete for aesthetic enhancement to a structure. It serves as an integral part of the building such as patios, driveways, walls, and floors. By using a variety of materials, you can achieve the transformation of ordinary concrete into a decorative concrete with the help of decorative concrete contractors. Their job is to make the concrete for your patios, floors, driveways, pools decks and many more, more decorative and burst with design.
The jobs of the decorative concrete contractors are the following:
- To stamped concrete. Stamped concrete is also often known as textured or imprinted concrete. It is where the replication of concrete into stones such as tile, brick, slate or even wood. Stamped concrete is a perfect choice for outdoor paving and a perfect canvas in creating a worthwhile replica without bypassing the natural and authentic look. The contractor ensures that the mixture of colors and patterns for the stamped cement will blend and match with other textured concrete elements at the homeowner’s residence.
- To stained concrete. The contractor makes sure that they used the appropriate techniques for the application of staining the concrete. Stained concrete can be categorized into acid-based chemical stains or water-based acrylics. Acid-based chemical stains’ composition is a mixture of acid-soluble metallic salts, hydrochloric acid and water. The metallic salts can easily penetrate because the acidic stain will engrave lightly on the surface. It won’t peel away, flake out and it won’t fade because it will become permanent on the concrete once the stain reacts. Water-based stains come in a much broader spectrum of hues. With dozen of standard colors, including black, white and metallic tints that the manufacturers can offer. Water-based stains can also penetrate the concrete like the acid stains and they can produce permanent colors, ranging from translucent to opaque depending on the application of the product.
- To overly decorative concrete. To conceal imperfections in the existing concrete’s surface, the contractors will do the overlay on decorative concrete. It is easy to almost give any concrete surface, outdoors or indoors with a lower cost than replacing and removing decorative concrete a compete face-lift.
- Resurfacing concrete. Decorative concrete contractors will perform work on completely resurfacing concrete to cover the cracks, surface discoloration, or surface imperfections and they will remove and replace it if improving the looks of your concrete is your goal. Contractors usually use polymer-modified overlays to completely resurface the concrete. It is one way to upgrade the looks of your decorative concrete. You can also choose variety of colors and pattern options.
- Polishing the concrete. Contractors nowadays uses polishing equipment and techniques to achieve the ultimate no-wax flooring material. They will grind new or old concrete floor surfaces to a high-gloss finish that will never need waxes or coating anymore.
Dyes the concrete. For the decorative concrete contractors, they usually make concrete as their color canvas. The can effectively use the dye and harmonious chemical stains combination. To make the applicator have more lively colors such as purple, blue, and yellow use dyes, according to Bob Harris, the DCI President.